Once the town’s principal denomination, this Episcopal Church was founded by Thomas Parker in 1842. The current building was designed by George E. Walker of Columbia in the Gothic Revival style,       built of pink stuccoed brick with corner buttresses. Its soaring 125-foot spire dominates     the city’s skyline at the end of Trinity Street. The church was consecrated in 1860, barely three weeks before the fateful meeting on nearby Secession Hill. Legend has it that in 1862 the large chancel stained glass window, made in England, was delivered by blockade    runner to Charleston and carted up-country to Abbeville. The church is also noted for its working 1860 Baker Tracker Organ, the original handmade pews and numerous stained glass windows. (Open to the public.)