This campus is home to several fine historical buildings, the most prominent of which is the Erskine Building built in 1892 and characterized by its dome and two towers. The oldest original building on the college quadrangle is the Philomathean Literary Society Hall constructed in 1860 in the Georgian Revival style and notable for the second-floor meeting room with an elaborate ceiling mural and trompe l‘oeil podium painted by Italian artists in 1912. Nearby is the neoclassic Euphemian Literary Society Hall built in 1913 as home for Erskine’s oldest student organization. For more information, call 864-379-2131.